Turn-mill center with powerful milling and turning functionality
Powerful and dynamic motorized milling spindle, 70 or 140 magazine stations, HSK-T40 and fast tool change of approx. 6 sec chip-to-chip time
- Generous work area designed for turning/milling or milling/turning
- 2 powerful, identical motorized spindles (up to 40 kW and 310 Nm)
- Lower tool turret with Y-axis (100 mm) and 18 or 12 stations
- Fast tool change
- Simultaneous machining with two tool carriers possible
- High dynamics (up to 55 m/min rapid traverse speed)
- Already included: the operating system iXpanel i4.0 ready with 18.5” touch screen - based on Siemens S840D sl
G220 in focus
Milling and turning functionality
The turn-mill center G220 with its dynamic motorized milling spindle is ideal for machining of complex workpieces – up to five-axis machining.
With a high degree of rigidity, thermal and dynamic stability and vibration damping – also thanks to the Y/B-axis running in hydrostatic bearings – workpieces can be completely machined from six sides with high productivity and precision.
Instead of a counter spindle and a lower tool turret, the turn-mill center can be configured with a tailstock and a steady rest with a clamping range of 12 - 152 mm.
Fast tool change
and large tool memory
A shuttle supplies the motorized milling spindle with the required tools from the tool magazine. With a choice of 70 or 140 tool stations (HSK-T40), 50 or 100 tool stations (HSK-T63), the turn-mill center G220 has a large stock of tools, contributing to reduced setup costs.
A chip-to-chip time of approx. 6 s ensures short downtimes and high productivity.